Anxiety is a feeling of nervousness or unease about an uncertain outcome. It affects physical and mental behavior. It is the feeling of tension and uneasiness. A little anxiety is important for human survival but intense anxiety for long term is harmful for health. It leads to cardiovascular issues, digestion troubles, week immune system and many more other health anomalies. It might be easy to handle anxiety during day time but it is very difficult to prevent anxiety at night before bed. It is because human beings are emotionally weak during bed time according to a study which makes the situation worse. Teens are more vulnerable to anxiety at night then adults. It is very common problem and only up to 30-40% people gets treatment for it.Itis a great threat; it can even cause death of a person in extreme situation.
Symptoms of anxiety at night
There are some common symptoms of anxiety at night before bed but may vary from person to person. Some of the symptoms are as follows:
- High blood pressure
- Feeling of danger
- Rapid breathing
- Difficulty in falling asleep
- Tightness in chest.
Causes of anxiety at night before bed
There are some common causes for anxiety at night before bed. But for each individual, the causes of anxiety may be different according to ones circumstances. Given below are some causes:
- Family stress
- Financial stress
- Negative emotions
- Excess consumption of drugs, caffeine, nicotine or any other stimulants
- Mood disorder
- Too much or less sleep
- Eating disorder
The major causes of anxiety are related to the daily routine. If there is inconsistent routine there are more chances of anxiety. Even the mobile phones and social networking sites are great source of anxiety.
Solutions of anxiety
There are many easy solutions for tackling the problem of Anxiety at night before bed. These solutions help in coping anxiety and prevent it as well. These solutions are very easy to apply in day to day routine and are very effective for mental stability.
1) Exercise and yoga helps a lot in coping anxiety and its severe impacts. Daily exercise for 20 minutes can help in effective stress management.
2) If a person is suffering from severe anxiety then one should go for medication and consult a phycologist.
3) Meditation is permanent and effective solution for all mental problems. It helps in stress management and keeps away depression and anxiety.
4) One should always possess positive thought and attitude.
5) Weekly 25 minutes of massage can help a lot in easing anxiety.
6) Intake of healthy food and useful herbs like, kava can help in easing anxiety
7) Have a good sleep for up to 7 to 9 hours. Keep away all electric devices 30 minutes before going to bed and jot down all the worries on paper.
Anxiety is avery severe problem but it can be tackled easily by creating a positive environment around us. Stay happy and positive, shed off all the worries and enjoy every day of the life.